“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin
Wouldn’t it be fascinating to live several lives within one lifetime?
But, the question is how do you do that? Simply pick up a book, cosy up and start reading.
If you look at all the successful people in the world, you would notice one common pattern. They have all lived several lives within their lifetime and gathered information and knowledge which they applied in their real lives to become who they are today. Warren Buffet was once asked about the key to success, he pointed out to a stack of nearby books and said “Read 500 pages like this every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many of you will do it.” And he isn’t alone, there are many top business leaders and entrepreneurs who have made reading a major part of their daily lives.
- Bill Gates reads about 50 books a year and quoted reading as the main way to learn new things and test his understanding.
- Elon Musk owes it to reading books to help him learn how to build rockets.
- Oprah Winfrey runs her own book club where she recommends one book for her members to discuss and read.
- Mark Zuckerberg has resolved to read a book every two weeks.
- Mark Cuban get his confidence and acute sense of business by reading almost 3 hours every day.
These tech giants, media moguls and successful people believe that books are a gateway to learning and knowledge. Even though some of them dropped out of college but they never stopped learning. Books helped them filled the void and turned them into an individual that they are today.
If reading this blog post doesn’t motivate you to pick up a book, then you need to follow more of our accounts for a bigger dose of encouragement. But if does give you a hint of incentive, follow us on Facebook and Twitter to share us your insights and your words of encouragement.
Looking forward to hearing from you readers!
– Paras Agarwal